April 19, 2009

BREAKING NEWS!

PHOEBE HAS READ AND APPROVED OUR REVIEW.

I now present to you, dear reader, Phoebe Unfiltered:

When I was 14, Center Stage was the utter apogee of cinema in my eyes. I was in love with more than one of the characters, I felt it described life completely accurately, and I just couldn't get enough of all that Jamiroquai.

Here in 2009, my dear, dear friends Alicia and Erin have become obsessed with teen competition movies (I mean who can blame them?) and have set up a blog to review ALL OF THEM EVER. Their criteria is incredibly specific and scientifically calculated... really, it's Siskel and Ebert level stuff.

To humor me, we all watched Center Stage about two weeks ago. I was supposed to be a guest reviewer for the blog, but I applied my procrastination skills in this situation as well. But, I'm quite glad I did. Alicia and Erin really posted a genius review of the movie written, as they would say, in the key of Phoebe. It would be almost completely accurate if it mentioned the incredible applicability of the lessons learned therein to real life and how OMG AMAZING it is that MOTHERFUCKING ILIA KULIK (1998 Olympic Figure Skating Champion) plays a small role. Also, around there it should be mentioned that Ilia Kulik may have been the first in a very long line of figure skaters I have fallen in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment